When CMTe starts migrating a mailbox, all folders are iterated and the message count in each folder is determined. If the "Migrate empty folders" option is selected, the folders are created in the destination store at this time.
Migration of folders then occurs in the following order:
- Junk folder
- Sent items
- Trash (deleted items - optional)
- Personal folders. As a top level personal folder is migrated, all subfolders below that are migrated in order at that time.
- All documents are scanned to find any messages that are not filed into a folder. These documents are put into an 'Unfiled' folder in Exchange.
CMT for Exchange processes personal folders in order of the modified date, oldest to the newest. The two exceptions to this are:
- If the option to 'Migrate Sent Items Last' is checked it will process 'Sent Items' after every other folder and view has been migrated, aside from 'All Documents'.
- The 'All Documents' folder is always processed at the end of the migration, after every other folder has been processed.
It's not always obvious what the folder order will be because there is no simple way in the Notes client to see the modified dates for the folders and views.