CMT for Exchange 3.5.x How to import via Excel to Migrate Domino Server based Archives
The purpose of this document is to outline the steps needed to successfully import via excel to migrate Lotus Notes mail archive databases to Microsoft On-line Archive Mailboxes using Binary Tree’s CMT for Exchange. This document does not cover configurations or settings related to this process. It is assumed the migration operator has previous knowledge and experience with the CMT for Exchange product.
Migration Process Overview
The following is an ‘overview’ of the archive migration process on how to import with Microsoft Excel
1. Import – Scheduled accounts are imported into the CMT for Exchange database.
2. Match - Match must be made against the Azure Active Directory using the provided SMTP address (InternetAddress).
Importing Users with Archive Information
In order to migrate server-based IBM/Lotus Notes archive databases using CMT for Exchange, the archives can be imported using Excel. The import process will create a new document from a copy of the one located in the selected IBM/Lotus Domino name and address book (NAB) or update the existing document within the database.
Here are the two basic phases to execute the process. They are as follows:
1. Format the spreadsheet
2. Import that data
In this step, you will prepare the Excel spreadsheet for importing purposes. This spreadsheet will include the archive database(s) staging server(s) that will be used migration purposes. The customer example format is as follows, however, any document field may be updated or created during this import by simply naming the column header to match that field name.
InternetAddress | MigrationGroup | MailFile | MailFileName | MailServer
Figure 1 Example of an Import Spreadsheet containing a single Archive database. In this example the Migration Group is also being set.
In this step, you will import users into the CMT for Exchange database. If the user already exists in the database, it will be updated. If the user does not exist in the database, it will be imported from the NAB of your choice.
1. Launch IBM/Lotus Notes.
2. Open the CMT for Exchange database.
3. Navigate to the Import view.
4. Click the Import Users drop down button.
5. Select the Import Select Users from Excel action.
6. Navigate and Select the Excel spreadsheet created in the previous section.
7. Select the Name and Address Book to search (if multiple NABs are enabled) and click OK.
8. Select InternetAddress as your look-up key and click OK.
9. The import process will begin. Once complete, a spreadsheet will open with the results of the import process. The last two columns will include the import status codes.
In order to determine the target mailbox information a match must be made against the Azure Active Directory using the provided SMTP address (InternetAddress). This process is executed using PowerShell. Please have your Office 365 Global Administrator account credentials ready. Follow these steps to complete the process.
10. Launch IBM/Lotus Notes.
11. Open the CMT for Exchange database.
12. Navigate to the Match Usernames view.
13. Select the documents in which you want to run this process against.
14. Click the Match Domino Usernames to Exchange usernames drop down button.
15. Select the Match Selected users using PowerShell action.
16. Follow the prompts through the process.
17. Enter your Office 365 Global Administrator account credentials when prompted to do so. Then click OK.
18. When the matches are complete a summary box will appear listing failed and successful matches. When the process is complete the successful documents will be promoted to now be displayed in the Migration section. Any unsuccessful matches will be displayed in the Check Errors view within this section.